FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Who will teach my child while I’m in service?
Each of our ministry partners has been interviewed and have completed a background check including fingerprinting. This process ensures that we will provide your child with the best possible care in a safe and secure child-friendly environment.
How do I check in my child?
- We recommend arriving 15 minutes before the service begins!
- When you arrive, please go into the gym (turn left once you’ve walked into our “Welcome Center) where you will find a U!Kids First Time Check-in Area.
- Friendly volunteers will help register your family on one of our computer kiosk.
- Each of your children will receive a name tag with a security code.
- Parents will receive a claim ticket with the same security code, which must be presented to the room volunteers when picking up your child.
- You will will then walk your child to his or her classroom (The check-in people can help point you where to go!)
- To ensure their security, your child will not be released without presentation of your corresponding tag!
- A Ministry Partners will greet you at the classroom door.
- Our Ministry Partners will verify that your security tag matches child’s tag number. Once this match has been made, they will remove your child’s label.
Contacting Parents During Service
In the event that you need to be reached during the service, you will be texted using the number you registered at our Check-in kiosk. Reasons for contacting the parents are as follows:
- Child is sick (fever, vomiting, etc)
- Child is crying uncontrollably for an extended period of time
- Child has an accident and you need parent’s assistance
At University Baptist Church we value children. We value ministry with children. We value adults who invest their time and energy in teaching children the ways of the Lord. We also respect God’s design for creating the church as the environment that works with parents in teaching children the ways of the Lord. We are committed to making this environment a safe place for children to learn and experience God’s love and truths. U!Kids SAFETY is our approach to ministry placement and our commitments to safety.
Volunteer Screening Policy
University Baptist Church depends on ministry partners to serve in various roles throughout U!Kids. All U!Kids ministry partners are screened using the following procedures:
- Before a leader or helper works with the children, the U!Kids Ministry Director or the group coordinator, has an ‘introduction talk’ with the person about their motivation, expectations and understanding about the structure of the ministry.
- Every potential partner completes an Application for Ministering (see Appendices A).
- Every Junior, Youth, or Student Ministry Partner must have a Student Application for Ministering signed by his or her parents.
- Every person who completes the Application for Ministering has a background check completed using the Protect My Ministry
- All U!Kids ministry partners receive and read the U!Kids Ministry Handbook & Polices & Procedures Manuel.
Providing a safe and healthy environment for the children is a community commitment and effort. Please do not check a child into U!Kids if he or she has any of the following symptoms.
- Fever of over 99.6 degrees
- Vomiting or diarrhea within the last 48 hours
- Sore throat or trouble swallowing
- Running nose (especially at the beginning of a virus and if not caused by an allergy)
- Coughing and/or sneezing
- Unexplained rashes, sores, or spots
- Persistent headache
- Generalized muscle aches and pains
- Breathing trouble
- Unusually red, watery, or itchy eyes
- Eyes with discharge
Please respect a U!Kids ministry partner’s decision related to admittance of a child. If there is any doubt, please keep a child out for the day.